hotmail; Founded in 1995 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia, it offers its users e-mail It is a free e-mail service that provides e-mail addresses and allows users to communicate via these e-mail addresses.
How to open a Hotmail account?
You can open a Hotmail account by following the steps below.
- Click on the link to reach the Hotmail home page. (https://outlook.live.com/owa/)
- located at the bottom of the page Create a free account Click on .
- Enter the e-mail address you want to create in the section that says new e-mail. (email address must be unique) and select the e-mail extension you want from the right.
- Type your password and create your account.
How to close a Hotmail account?
You can close your Hotmail account by following the steps below:
- Go to the Hotmail home page and log in to your account.
- located at the bottom of the page Close your account Click on the link.
- Get the security code required to close the account securely via an e-mail or phone number and enter the code where required.
- On the Are you sure you want to close your account page, click the next button.
- The last step to close your Hotmail account is Mark account for closure Click the button. Your Hotmail account will be permanently deleted 60 days after this process is performed.
Is Hotmail paid?
Hotmail has three different packages available. These packages are listed as follows.
- Hotmail’s free package with 5 GB total storage.
- Hotmail Plus package with 10 GB total storage and an annual fee of $19.95.
- Microsoft Office Outlook Live suite, which costs $49.50 per year and comes bundled with Microsoft Office.
Changing the Hotmail name to Windows Live Hotmail
Microsoft changed the name of MSN Hotmail to Windows Live Hotmail in 2007. Microsoft developed Windows Live Hotmail, making it more useful, simpler and more secure compared to MSN Hotmail.
Combination of Hotmail and Outlook
Microsoft established Outlook.com, a new e-mail service supported by Hotmail, in 2012, and shortly after its establishment, it started to open Outlook.com to users who wanted to log in to Hotmail. Microsoft ended this process in 2013 and merged Hotmail with Outlook.com.
Hotmail was founded in 1995 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. It was made available to everyone on July 4, 1996. During these years, Hotmail became the first e-mail service available through an internet browser.
Microsoft purchased Hotmail for 400 million USD in December 1997 and brought Hotmail under the umbrella of MSN. During this period, Hotmail had 8.5 million users.
In the first quarter of 1999, Hotmail’s total number of members exceeded 30 million and the number of languages it supported exceeded 17.
In 2007, the service’s name was changed to Windows Live Hotmail.
In 2012, Microsoft launched Outlook.com, and in 2013, it completely merged Hotmail and Outlook.com.