CSS It is a programming language that plays a decisive role in the presentation of web pages, including colors, layout and fonts. It is effective in delivering web pages to users. CSS is designed to create style sheets for the web environment. In this sense, it is independent of HTML and other elements, but largely HTML It is used together with .
HTML is used to structure a web page. For example, HTML defines elements such as headings and paragraphs. CSS determines the style of the document. For example, CS formats elements such as page layout, colors, and fonts. To design a modern web page, HTML and CSS languages must be used together.
What is CSS and When Was It Created?
CSS, cascading style sheets It means. It is a programming language that makes plain or visually unappealing text parts of a website more attractive. HTML largely determines text content, but CSS visual structure And layout creates. HTML is a markup language while CSS is a style sheet is the language.
When talking about a development history for CSS, the first thing to mention is 1994 year. in 1994 Hakon Wium Lie Recommended by. 1996 It was published for the first time in and Bert BosWith the involvement of , its development accelerated and became official in the same year. 1998 It was officially published in 2015 and became widely available.
The HTML language can be thought of as the engine of a car. CSS is the body and style of the car. It is possible to run a website without CSS, but the resulting structure cannot go beyond text appearance. It is possible to polish the website and improve the user experience with CSS. Many elements, including layout, format, color and font, can be controlled with CSS.
What are CSS Types and Differences?
Basic inline CSS (inline CSS), external CSS (external CSS) And internal CSS There are three different types of CSS: The most important difference is between inline CSS and external CSS. Inline CSS renders faster. Because only 1 file is downloaded from the browser. When using external CSS, HTML and CSS files must be downloaded separately.
- Inline CSS: Inline CSS is useful for styling a specific HTML element. When this is preferred, a style attribute must be added to the HTML tag. It is very difficult to manage because each HTML tag needs to be styled separately.
- External CSS: The external CSS file can be created with any text editor. This type of CSS is especially efficient in developing a large website. Changes can be made to the entire site by editing a created external CSS file.
- Internal CSS: When using internal CSS, the section tag must be added. This type of CSS is the most effective method for styling a single page. When it comes to multiple pages, it is not very useful as it is quite time consuming.
What are the Benefits of Using CSS?
There are different benefits of using CSS. The important thing is that the web developer determines which one to use. Producing near-standard solutions for web development steps generally means taking advantage of all the benefits of using CSS. The most important benefit of using CSS is to improve user experience.
- Improving page speed: When developing a web page, more code means slower page speed. CSS reduces the amount of code to be used. By creating a rule with CSS, the specified style can be applied to all aspects of the HTML document.
- Improving user experience: CSS isn’t limited to simply fixing the style of web pages. It also allows various formatting to improve user experience. User experience can be improved when images and text are placed in the right places.
- Improving development time: Thanks to CSS, styling rules can be applied to multiple pages with a single set of code. CSS rules can be written for pages that must have the same formatting and appearance. This makes these rules valid on pages of the same type.
- Making style changing easier: It is easier to change the format of a particular group of pages when CSS is used. There is no need to correct each page separately. It is possible to fix a single CSS stylesheet and apply the changes to pages linked to it.
It is necessary to use flexible design to ensure that all web pages on a website display correctly and are easily navigable on all devices. Thanks to CSS, flexible design is much easier to implement. Flexible design can be achieved by combining various changes to the style sheet with HTML.