Amazon Payis an online payment tool owned by Amazon and founded in 2007. You can use this system, also known as Amazon Payments, during your purchases from Amazon. Before the Amazon Pay system emerged, Amazon also tried systems such as Simple Pay by Amazon and Checkout by Amazon, but these systems were not successful. With the latest release of Amazon Pay, Amazon has achieved the success it wanted and the system has been in existence successfully since 2007.
How to Pay with Amazon Pay?
With Amazon Pay, you can pay by credit card, prepaid card, debit card or directly using the balance in your Amazon Pay account. Once you open your own Amazon account and enter your card information, you can start shopping without needing any other action.
Is Amazon Pay Paid?
Although no fee is required to use the Amazon Pay system, the situation is slightly different for sellers. Sellers who are sellers on Amazon and want to sell using the Amazon Pay payment method must pay a certain amount of commission to Amazon. If the seller sells a product to a user from the country where he sells, the amount of commission to be given is divided into five as follows;
- 3.4% + 35 cents if the value of the product is €2,500 or less
- 2.9% + 35 cents between €2,500 and €10,000
- 2.7% + 35 cents between €10,000 and €50,000
- 2.4% + 35 cents between €50,000 and €10,000
- 1.9% + 35 cents if more than €100,000
Apart from this, if the seller sells in the international market, the commission amounts according to the country of sale are as follows;
- There are no commission fees in the member states of the European Economic Area (European Union countries and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and Switzerland.
- 2% in Canada, Isle of Man and Montenegro and the United States
- 3% in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Russia, Turkey, Serbia, North Macedonia, Moldova and Ukraine
- 3.3% in all other countries
Is Amazon Pay Reliable?
The first question that comes to mind for many people is whether online payment systems are safe. The biggest advantage of Amazon Pay at this point is that it is under the umbrella of Amazon. Since Amazon acts as an intermediary at all stages of the purchasing process, security risks are largely eliminated. For example, you are not required to provide personal information to the seller when making a purchase, thus preventing any data breach etc. This will not be the case. All of this information is stored by Amazon and is not shared with any intermediary, seller or company other than Amazon.
Advantages of Amazon Pay
Like every online payment system, Amazon Pay has its advantages and disadvantages. Alright Benefits of Amazon Pay What are they?
- You can quickly buy the product you want without having to enter your payment information each time.
- Since Amazon has its own system, you have Amazon warranty in case the product you purchased does not turn out as you expected, is damaged or breaks or breaks.
- You can donate to nonprofits using Amazon Pay.
- If you are going to buy a product with Amazon Pay, you do not need to give your personal information to the seller, because your personal information is stored by Amazon itself and Amazon takes care of all your transactions.
Disadvantages of Amazon Pay
Disadvantages of Amazon Pay Although they are less than their advantages, these disadvantages can cause trouble for some users. Here are the disadvantages of Amazon Pay;
- The biggest disadvantage of Amazon Pay is that it is only available on Amazon. While the e-commerce network of other online payment systems is expanding day by day, Amazon Pay can only be used on Amazon.
- The user interface is quite cumbersome and the loading times in the application can sometimes be annoying.